Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mangoes!

DSC_3060-1


Mango is my favorite fruit at the moment! I just love its texture and exotic taste! And now that I know how to cut a mango properly (thanks to Maia!), I have been eating lots of them lately!
Here's how I do it:

DSC_3065-1


Cut the tip where the stem is. It will allow you to see which way the pit goes.

DSC_3069-1


Cut the mango lengthwise along the pit.

DSC_3070-1

Repeat on the other side.

DSC_3071-1


Cut a cross hatch patter through the mango's pulp, being carefull not to cut the skin.

DSC_3074-1


DSC_3075-1


Hold the mango with both hands and make the diced pulp "pop" out. Looks pretty, doesn't it? Repeat for the other part of the mango.

DSC_3076-1

All you need to do now is to run a knife between the pulp and the skin and voila, your mango is ready to be eaten. Enjoy!

DSC_3081-1

No comments: