Saturday, January 9, 2010

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp is one of my favorite desserts. I have made many in the past few years. I have tried several recipes and the one I am sharing with you is a mix of all of them.

DSC_2291-1

Ingredients:

DSC_2275-1

- 4 or 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla (I forgot to include it in the picture)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter at room temperature

Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the apples, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.

DSC_2277-1


Put the apple mix into a 9 inch pie pan.

DSC_2279-1


In a mixing bowl (I just use the same one, no need for more dishes!) combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the flour. Cut in the butter. You can use a pastry blender or your fingers. I usually use my fingers. It's messier but definitely more effective in my opinion.

DSC_2282-1

Once it's all combined, it will be crumbly and homogeneous.

DSC_2283-1


Spoon the mixture over the apples.

DSC_2284-1


Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

DSC_2290-1

Serve by itself or with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments: