Saturday, January 2, 2010

Greek Shrimp Stew

This shrimp stew is delicious! I like this recipe because it is easy to make and always yields good results. I make it once in a while and we all enjoy it :-)
This recipe is from Feeding the Whole Family, by Cynthia Lair.

DSC_2113-1


Ingredients:

DSC_2105-1


- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh dill or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped parsley

In a large soup pot, heat oil, and then add onions, salt, and garlic. Saute until onions are soft.

DSC_2107-1


Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, mustard, dill, and honey, simmer for 20 minutes.

DSC_2108-1

DSC_2109-1


Five minutes before serving, add shrimp, feta, and parsley. Stir well and serve.


DSC_2110-1


3 comments:

Emily said...

Looks delicious! I can't wait to try it :)

Isabelle said...

I hope you all like it Emily! We are shrimp lovers and it's always a hit :-)

Maia said...

I'm going to try this one tomorrow night - I'll let you know if Picky tries any - I bet she'll pick out the feta...