Friday, October 16, 2009

Delicious mashed cauliflower.

DSC_1201-1



I hardly ever eat cauliflower. No reason in particular, it's just not something I usually get when I am browsing the produce department. Last week I decided to try and make mashed cauliflower with salmon. We really liked it so I will buy more cauliflower from now on!

Ingredients:

(The picture actually also shows ingredients I used for the salmon but I won't be talking about those)

DSC_1189-1

- A head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste

First, I steamed the cut cauliflower until it was soft, about 15-20 minutes

DSC_1191-1


Then I got rid of the steaming water and put the soft cauliflower back in the pan.

DSC_1195-1


I added all the other ingredients:

DSC_1196-1

I used my immersion blender but you could use a potato masher.

DSC_1198-1


And voila!

DSC_1201-1

No comments: