Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gougères and soup.

Last night, I made some Gougères, a French savory choux pastry with cheese (I used a French Gruyère from Trader Joe's). I got the recipe from my friend Maia.

Here are all my ingredients (minus the salt).

DSC_0949-1


Here, we have the milk, butter, flour and salt after they've been cooked, stirred and turned into a ball.

DSC_0954-1

Then, we add the eggs and the cheese.

DSC_0955-1


DSC_0957-1


Then comes the part when Julia can help: "paint" some eggs and add more cheese on top! She really enjoyed doing that!


DSC_0965-1


DSC_0966-1


And here they are out of the oven, in all their deliciously cheesy goodness!

DSC_0972-1


DSC_0974-1


The only issue I had is that they kind of deflated a bit after they were out of the oven for a few minutes. Maia and I are looking into this and I will make them again soon until I get it just right!


Here is the soup I made to go with it. It was a simple vegetable soup with potatoes, corn, leeks, onion and celery.

DSC_0982-1


Julia said that it was very yummy if you dipped it in the soup!

DSC_0983-1

No comments: